Translate

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Calling All Sports Fans!

It's that time of year again everyone! MADNESS is here. Did you fill out your bracket? Or should I say brackets because we all do more than one! I have a different winner in most of mine. I of course love my hometown team (Michigan State) but I was not naive enough to pick them all the way. I know March is our time of year but I still don't think this is a team like 2000, maybe if Payne stays for his senior year I will feel more comfortable next year saying that. I didn't have many huge upsets this year, which I surprised myself with that. I mean any given day any team can lose; that has been the trend all season long. No #1 team has stayed #1 for long.

So here we go. My second round upset went to Oregon over Oklahoma State, I feel like Oregon got a horrible seed. I mean come on they win the PAC 12 over UCLA and UCLA loses a main big guy in the paint and they get a 6 seed??? Did I miss something? I personal like Oregon is going to play with something to prove because I am sure they are more upset with their 12 seed than I am. I also have Bucknell over Butler- which this could go either way; Minnesota over UCLA and Cincinnati over Creighton. I was pretty close to picking South Dakota State over Michigan because I just don't know what Michigan team is going to show up. All season long they have been up and down and South Dakota State have one 3 point shoot en fool on that team. Didn't he put up like 50 some points this season?? But if the Michigan team that was ranked #1 at one point this season shows up then heck they could win the whole thing.

My third round upset goes to Pittsburgh over Gonzaga. I know I may be crazy for picking this or even picking Pitt out of the second round, but I am just not on the Gonzaga bandwagon. If they prove me wrong then I guess I'll be eating crow but until then I'm just not on that wagon.

As for my #1 seeds. I have Louisville, Kansas and Indiana making it to the final four. I'm not sold on Kansas but I think they will make it. As for my other final four team- I have Ohio State... I'm sorry  'The Ohio State University'. Being from the state of Michigan, I'm not a huge fan of OSU, but with Craft's lock down defense and the teams ability to hit threes, I just can't deny that they are good.

My final two goes to Louisville and Indiana with my winner being Indiana. I know, I know, putting my hopes in to Indiana's hands is crazy but hey this could really be their year. With a year that so many can win, I am going with my gut and it says Indiana.
But that is not the only team my gut says... I also picked Louisville to win over Miami in my other bracket. I have to leave me options open and backed up.

Lets see how well we all match up against the president's bracket... I hope I kick his butt.... p.s. I picked Indiana before his bracket was available to the world.

(courtesy of whitehouse.gov)

Let me know your thoughts on your brackets. I love talking sports!


No comments:

Post a Comment